Embedded Linux Software Engineer – Driver & Middleware
Become our Embedded Linux Software Engineer - Driver & Middleware !
You are a strong Embedded Linux Software Engineer who shows enthusiasm for both learning new technologies, building creative technical solutions, and is not afraid of thinking outside the box to realize the goals of our clients. You enjoy writing code with great attention to detail. You have worked with embedded devices in the past and have a strong knowledge of this area of expertise.
You will be responsible for a mix of driver and middleware/application development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing or customizing board support packages (BSP) for our clients’ hardware to provide additional functionality, e.g. software update, security, optimization, etc.
- Writing device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel
- Developing middleware usually based on C/C++
- Customization of Yocto/Buildroot distributions
- Active participation in low-level software architectural discussions
WITEKIO is an expert in embedded software with over 100 engineers based around the world with teams in France, England, Germany and the United States. We rely on a global system approach, integrating the various software layers of intelligent systems, from hardware to the cloud.
Low-layer control (OS, drivers, Firmware) and proven expertise in application and inter-connectivity are our distinguishing strengths that make us attractive for projects that require a high degree of technical competence.
We partner with our clients from end to end, providing tailor-designed services for architectural design, development and software integration.
We are present in the automotive, aerospace, smart cities, medical and mobility sectors, along with our partners such as Roche Medical, Texas Instruments, Panasonic, General Electric, Cerevast and many others.
Find an overview of our projects under witekio.com/casestudies/
Witekio strives to be the leaders in our industry. To continually strive for and reach our goals, we need likeminded people driven by curiosity, adventure, and the desire to take our company and our work to the next level. You are a dedicated Embedded Linux Software Engineer that is interested in finding solutions and digging deeper into problems that challenge your own skills.
With a degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, you have the following skills:
- 5+ years of C applied programming experience required
- 3+ years embedded development experience and debugging
- 3+ years of experience with Linux kernel and middleware development, preferably on ARM architecture
- Experience with build systems such as Yocto, buildroot
- C++ or another Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language preferred
A great adventure is waiting for you at Witekio! With your energy and passion, we can work at the forefront of embedded technologies and help our customers realize their dreams. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you as part of our global team.
Do you recognize yourself?
Send your resume with reference to this job code: FTUS08 firstname.lastname@example.org