Embedded Software Engineer
WITEKIO is an expert in embedded software, with over 100 engineers based around the world including teams in the U.K., France, Germany and the United States. We rely on a global system approach; integrating the various software layers of intelligent systems, from hardware to the cloud. Low-layer control (OS, drivers, Firmware) and proven expertise in application and inter-connectivity are our distinguishing strengths that make us attractive for projects that require a high degree of technical competence. We partner with our clients from end to end, providing tailored services for architectural design, development and software integration. We are present in the automotive, aerospace, smart city, medical, industrial and mobility sectors, along with our partners such as Roche Medical, Texas Instruments, Panasonic, General Electric, Cerevast and many others. Find an overview of our projects at: http://witekio.com/case-studies/
Motivated by technological challenges ?
Want to join a talented and diverse team recognized for its expertise ?
Become our next Embedded Software Engineer !
Join our team in Bristol.
You are a strong Embedded Software Engineer who shows enthusiasm for learning new technologies, building creative technical solutions and you are not afraid of thinking outside the box to fulfil the goals of our clients. You enjoy writing code with great attention to detail. You have worked with embedded devices in the past and have a strong knowledge of this area of expertise.
Based in our North Bristol office, you will be responsible for a mix of driver and middleware/application development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing or customising board support packages (BSP) for our clients’ hardware to provide additional functionality, e.g. software update, security, optimisation, etc.
- Writing device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel.
- Developing middleware usually based on C/C++.
- Customisation of Yocto/Buildroot distributions.
- Active participation in low-level software architectural discussions.
Witekio endeavours to be the leader in our industry. To continually strive for and reach our goals, we need like-minded people driven by curiosity, adventure and the desire to take our company and our work to the next level. You are a dedicated Embedded Software Engineer who is interested in finding solutions and digging deeper into problems that challenge your own skills.
With a degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, you have the following skills:
- 5+ years of C applied programming experience required
- 3+ years embedded development experience and debugging
- 3+ years of experience with Linux or Windows CE/Compact kernel and middleware development, preferably on ARM architecture
- Experience with build systems such as Yocto, buildroot, Windows CE/Compact
- C++ or another Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language preferred
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with GStreamer and / or Qt
- Experience working in an Agile / XP or other modern methodology
A great adventure is waiting for you at Witekio! With your energy and passion, we can work at the forefront of embedded technologies and help our customers realise their dreams. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you as part of our global team.
Witekio are committed to helping our employees realise their own dreams too and offer opportunities to develop skills, attend training and conferences and to progress within the company. We also offer a competitive pension contribution scheme as well as BUPA private healthcare.
Do you recognize yourself?
Send your CV and cover letter under reference FTUK25 to email@example.com